Gifts That Anyone Who Works From Home Will Actually Use
COVID-19 has turned the traditional job force upside down. Workplaces have seen huge transformations in how they operate, and remote and hybrid work is no longer a perk reserved for only certain businesses in select industries.
In fact, remote work has become normalized, and workers are becoming accustomed to either working from home or splitting their time between the office and home.
As we all imagine the future of work, the benefits of remote and hybrid work for employees and employers are becoming clear. The Allwest team comprises hybrid workers who know these benefits firsthand.
So, as we emerge on the other side of the COVID crisis, one thing remains clear: remote and hybrid work is here to stay. We have created a guide filled with gift ideas to brighten up your favorite telecommuter’s day (and, yes, you can be your favorite telecommuter).
- Standing Desks – the ability to switch from sitting to standing while working can significantly improve the working from home experience by providing users with a host of benefits such as: pain relief, increased productivity, versatility, and overall wellbeing.
- Ergonomic Desk Chairs – you’re slumped over at your desk with your neck craned over and that annoying lower back ache has now become something that affects your wellbeing. Does that sound familiar? Let’s give your back some love. Finding the right ergonomic office chair, though, can be tricky because there is no universally perfect model. Every body is different and there is no “one-size-fits-all” approach. The Allwest team is happy to help you find the model that will be best for YOU.
- Indoor Plants – the simple act of introducing more greenery into your home boosts productivity and improves your mood. If you don’t have much of a green thumb, you can opt for low maintenance plans that will be easy to care for and still pack the best air-purifying punch for your space.
- Noise Cancelling Headphones – you may have discovered that a reliable pair of headphones is essential to help isolate you from the disruptive, distracting forces to focus on the task at hand. These headphones should offer top-notch sound quality and comfort and include excellent communications features for making voice calls.
- Desk Organizers – are you still using a mug to hold your pencils? Let’s spruce that up a bit. Whether you have a dedicated office space or you have turned your kitchen table into your home office, working from home can clutter up your space. Desk organizers give everything a place whether you need to store chargers, cables, or pens and pencils!
- High-Quality Webcam – virtual meetings have become a norm in everyday life. If you are tired of poor image quality and fuzzy audio during your online meetings, it’s time to invest in a good quality webcam. Appearing before the camera for a corporate meeting, your camera requires some level of fine resolution.
- Portable Speakers – there is a lot to be said for adding music or your favorite podcasts to your workday. In fact, research suggests that listening to music can brighten your mood and boost productivity and creativity.