Edmonton Public Library‘s Capilano Branch demonstrates how modern libraries are integrating with the digital world. The Capilano Library features a makerspace which provides patron access to a 3D printer, vinyl cutter, digital conversion station and sewing machine! Allwest Furnishings was proud to partner with Patkau Architects/Group2 Architecture and Edmonton Public Library on this project. With the EPL’s target of LEED Silver certification in mind, we provided a wide range of furniture that was both durable and sustainable.
The Calder Library furnishing project consisted of:
- Lounge seating and tables
- Study spaces and workstations
- Shelving for book inventory
- Collaborative work tables
- Desk benches for desktop computers
- A flexible work area for the markerspace
Take a picture tour of the furnishings Allwest has proudly delivered to our client.
Learn more about the the Capilano Library here:
Edmonton Public Library